Turning GCSE, GED, IB, & Diplomas Into Video Games
Play is nature's mechanism of teaching and learning: competition, reward, repetition, collaboration, failure, creativity, and more. Without sacrificing in-person socialisation, we can update classical education for the technological homeschooling age, using the tools the children already love by transposing the syllabi of primacy and secondary education into storyline-based video console games.
We're talking full-blown 4k resolution 3D high-intensity multiplayer console run on Playstation and XBox with reward/engagement ecosystems.
Video Game Education: History & Precedents
Thinking has emerged around this idea before. There are a dozen or so games which have been expressly produced as a means of educating students.
- The Oregon Trail - A classic educational game that teaches players about American history, geography, and decision-making as they lead a group of settlers across the United States in the 19th century. https://www.visitoregon.com/the-oregon-trail-game-online/
- Number Munchers - An educational game that helps players practice basic math skills by solving arithmetic problems while avoiding monsters in a grid-based environment. https://classicreload.com/number-munchers.html
- Civilization - A strategy game series where players develop and manage their own civilization, learning about history, politics, and resource management in the process. https://civilization.com/
- DragonBox - A series of educational games designed to teach algebra and geometry concepts through intuitive gameplay and visual representations. https://dragonbox.com/
- The Incredible Machine - A physics-based puzzle game that encourages players to build complex machines and contraptions to accomplish specific goals, teaching principles of physics and engineering. https://www.myabandonware.com/game/the-incredible-machine-1mg/play-1mg
- Kerbal Space Program - A space simulation game that teaches players about orbital mechanics, physics, and aerospace engineering as they design, build, and fly spacecraft. https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
In addition to these games, there are academic papers and resources that explore the development and implementation of educational games in relation to specific curricula or syllabi. Some examples include:
- Annetta, L. A. (2008). Video games in education: Why they should be used and how they are being used. Theory Into Practice, 47(3), 229-239. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00405840802153940
- Gee, J. P. (2003). What video games have to teach us about learning and literacy. Computers in Entertainment (CIE), 1(1), 20-20. https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/950566.950595
- Squire, K. (2008). Open-ended video games: A model for developing learning for the interactive age. The ecology of games: Connecting youth, games, and learning, 167-198. https://educators.brainpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/squire-open-ended-games-macarthur-salen.pdf
Game Layout & Feature Planning
Game mechanics is an entire subject by itself, but suffice to say, there are grouped principles and guidelines to be followed.
No Politics, Whatsoever
No critical pedagogy or critical education theory. No "climate change". No "social equity". No "sustainability". No SEL, T-SEL, or sex/relationship education. No LGBT or gender ideology. No "why one side are bad" lessons. No "accidental" omission of atrocities and disasters of socialist and/or communist regimes.
In classical education, an hour-long lesson then provokes two hours of homework - in that order. But why? Why not follow the Khan Academy's lead on YouTube, and let students learn at their own speed (pausing, rewinding) and bringing the homework into class?
Adaptivity and Personalization
Incorporate adaptive learning algorithms that track a player's progress and adjust the difficulty and content of the game based on their performance. This way, the game can provide personalized learning that caters to the individual needs of each player.
In-Game Feedback and Tutorials
Provide instant feedback and tutorials to help players understand their mistakes and grasp new concepts. This can be done through in-game characters, interactive tools, or explanatory videos.
Multiplayer and Collaboration
Introduce multiplayer features that encourage collaboration and competition among players. This can help motivate students to learn from each other and improve their skills.
Design a reward system that reinforces learning by offering in-game incentives, such as unlocking new levels, abilities, or customization options, for mastering mathematical concepts.
A world where mathematical knowledge is crucial for success. For example, the game could be set in a futuristic world where players must save their civilization from imminent disaster by solving mathematical challenges.
- Puzzles that involve geometry, such as navigating through mazes, building structures, or manipulating shapes.
- Number-based challenges that require players to solve equations, find patterns, or use logical reasoning.
- Resource management systems that involve budgeting, probability, or statistical analysis.
Level 1: Basic Arithmetic
Repair a damaged spaceship by collecting and using the right amount of resources. To collect these resources, players must solve arithmetic problems that appear as they navigate through the game world.
- Enemies that can only be defeated by solving simple arithmetic problems, e.g., hitting them with the correct sum, difference, product, or quotient.
- Resource nodes that require players to perform a specific arithmetic operation to extract the resources.
- Number-based platforming sections, where players must perform arithmetic operations to create platforms of the correct height or length.
Level 2: Fractions, Decimals, and Percentages
Concoct a potion to cure a sick character by mixing the correct proportions of ingredients. The ingredients are represented as fractions, decimals, or percentages.
- Puzzles where players must convert between fractions, decimals, and percentages to find equivalent values.
- Mixing ingredients with different representations (e.g., 1/4 and 25%) to create the correct potion.
- Challenges that involve calculating discounts, taxes, or tips to complete transactions with in-game merchants.
Level 3: Algebra
Navigate through a series of locked doors by solving algebraic equations to find the correct key codes.
- Equations displayed on doors that must be solved to unlock them.
- Balancing scale puzzles where players manipulate variables to create balanced equations.
- Function-based challenges where players must input values to produce a desired output or graph.
Level 4: Geometry
Reconstruct a ruined city by calculating areas, volumes, and using coordinate geometry to place structures accurately.
- Tangram-style puzzles where players arrange geometric shapes to fill a specified area.
- Calculating the area of irregular shapes to determine the amount of material needed for construction.
- Using coordinate geometry to determine the optimal location for structures or to navigate through the city.
Level 5: Trigonometry
Calibrate a powerful weapon to defeat a boss by calculating the correct angles and distances using trigonometry.
- Aiming projectiles using trigonometric ratios to calculate the correct trajectory.
- Navigating through a world with non-right-angled obstacles, requiring players to use the sine, cosine, and tangent functions.
- Building structures that require trigonometric calculations to ensure stability and correct alignment.
Level 6: Probability and Statistics
Gamble in a casino to win enough resources to save their town, using probability and statistical analysis to maximize their chances of success.
- Card games that require players to calculate the probability of specific outcomes.
- Challenges that involve interpreting and analyzing data sets, such as determining the best strategy to win a game.
- Random events that require players to make decisions based on expected value calculations.
Level 7: Advanced Algebra
A series of complex puzzles to unlock a hidden treasure, using quadratic equations, systems of equations, and matrices.
- Puzzle rooms where players must solve quadratic equations to reveal clues or unlock doors.
- Logic-based challenges that require solving systems of equations to deduce the correct sequence of actions.
- Manipulating matrices to decode encrypted messages or determine optimal resource allocation.
Level 8: Calculus
Navigate through a time-sensitive level where they must optimize their path and resource usage by applying calculus concepts such as limits, derivatives, and integrals.
- Calculating the optimal path by determining the maximum or minimum values of functions using derivatives.
- Using integrals to calculate the total resources or energy required for specific tasks or paths.
- Evaluating limits to determine the behavior of functions in specific scenarios, such as approaching a barrier or navigating through a narrow passage.
A series of timed, randomized challenges that cover various aspects of the GED or GCSE Mathematics syllabus, such as:
- Problem-solving tasks that require the application of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry concepts.
- Data interpretation and analysis questions, where students must interpret graphs, charts, or tables and perform calculations based on the given data.
- Questions that test students' understanding of probability and statistics concepts.
- Tasks that require students to apply mathematical reasoning and logic.
English (Language & Literature)
A world where language and literature are essential to success. For example, the game could be set in a literary world where famous literary characters are in trouble, and the player must use their knowledge of language and literature to restore order.
- Dialogue-based puzzles that require players to identify and correct grammatical errors.
- Word-based challenges where players must use their vocabulary, synonyms, or antonyms to progress.
- Literary analysis tasks that involve identifying themes, motifs, or symbolism in excerpts from famous works.
Level 1: Basic Grammar
Help a group of characters communicate effectively by identifying and correcting basic grammar mistakes in their dialogues.
- Dialogue-based puzzles where players must choose the correct parts of speech or punctuation to complete sentences.
- Mini-games that involve identifying and categorizing words based on their parts of speech.
- Reordering jumbled sentences to create a grammatically correct and meaningful statement.
Level 2: Advanced Grammar
Navigate through a series of challenges that involve identifying and applying advanced grammar rules, such as tenses, verb forms, and active vs. passive voice.
- Time-travel puzzles that require players to apply the correct verb tense or form to progress.
- Challenges that involve transforming sentences from active to passive voice or vice versa.
- Selecting the correct grammatical structure to complete complex sentences.
Level 3: Vocabulary
Expand their vocabulary by learning new words, synonyms, and antonyms to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles in the game world.
- Word-based platforming sections where players must use synonyms or antonyms to change the environment or create new pathways.
- Mini-games that involve matching words with their definitions, synonyms, or antonyms.
- Contextual challenges that require players to deduce the meaning of unfamiliar words based on surrounding information.
Level 4: Reading Comprehension
Gather information and evidence by reading and comprehending various texts, such as letters, journals, or newspaper articles, to progress in the game.
- Investigative quests that require players to read and interpret texts to uncover clues or hidden information.
- Dialogue-based puzzles that involve identifying the main ideas, supporting details, and inferences from character conversations.
- Time-sensitive challenges that test the player's ability to skim texts for specific information.
Level 5: Writing Skills
Help a character write a compelling speech or story by arranging sentences, paragraphs, and ideas in a coherent and cohesive manner.
- Drag-and-drop puzzles where players must organize sentences or paragraphs to create a coherent text.
- Writing-based mini-games that challenge players to craft well-structured sentences or paragraphs using provided words or phrases.
- Revising and editing tasks where players must improve a text's clarity, coherence, and cohesion.
Level 6: Literary Elements
Analyze and interpret the literary elements of famous works to solve puzzles and overcome challenges in the game world.
- Mini-games that involve identifying characters, settings, or plot elements in excerpts from famous works.
- Role-playing sections where players assume the role of a character and make decisions based on their understanding of the character's motives and traits.
- Puzzles that require players to recognize and analyze different points of view or narrative styles in texts.
Level 7: Literary Devices
Uncover hidden messages or secrets by identifying and interpreting literary devices such as imagery, metaphor, simile, and alliteration.
- Word-based puzzles that involve decoding metaphorical language to reveal hidden information.
- Challenges that require players to analyze the use of literary devices to create mood, atmosphere, or character development.
- Mini-games that involve identifying examples of specific literary devices in given texts.
Level 8: Text Analysis
Help characters in the game world understand and appreciate the deeper meanings and themes of famous literary works by engaging in text analysis.
- Debate-style mini-games where players must support their interpretation of a text by providing evidence of themes, motifs, symbolism, and author's intent.
- Multi-step puzzles that require players to analyze various aspects of a text, such as character development, plot structure, and literary devices, to uncover a hidden message or meaning.
- Collaborative challenges where players must work together to analyze texts and reach a consensus on the interpretation of themes or author's intent.
Divided into two parts, one focusing on English Language (grammar, comprehension, etc.), and the other on English Literature.
- Reading comprehension tasks, where students must read passages and answer questions related to the text.
- Grammar and syntax questions that test students' understanding of grammatical rules and conventions.
- Writing tasks, such as creating a well-structured essay or a creative piece, which demonstrate students' ability to organize ideas, use appropriate language, and apply proper punctuation and spelling.
- Text analysis tasks, where students must analyze excerpts from literary works and answer questions related to themes, characters, plot, language, and style.
- Essay questions that require students to compare and contrast different literary works, discuss themes, or analyze the author's use of language and style.
A world where scientific knowledge is crucial to restoring balance and solving problems. For example, the game could be set in a future world where various ecosystems and technologies are malfunctioning, and the player must use their knowledge of science to repair and restore them.
- Experiment-based puzzles where players must apply the scientific method to test hypotheses and solve problems.
- Crafting systems that require players to understand and apply principles of chemistry, such as combining elements and compounds to create new materials or substances.
- Physics-based challenges that involve manipulating forces, energy, and motion to overcome obstacles or solve puzzles.
Level 1: Basic Biology
Restoring a dying ecosystem by understanding cell structure, photosynthesis, respiration, and genetics.
- Puzzle-based challenges that involve identifying and labeling different parts of a cell.
- Mini-games that require players to balance the inputs and outputs of photosynthesis and respiration to restore a plant population.
- Quests that involve breeding virtual organisms to achieve specific genetic traits.
Level 2: Advanced Biology
Save endangered species by understanding and applying concepts of evolution, ecology, and human biology.
- Challenges that involve constructing food webs and identifying predator-prey relationships to restore balance to an ecosystem.
- Mini-games that require players to identify and classify species based on evolutionary relationships.
- Quests related to human biology, such as understanding the circulatory, respiratory, and nervous systems.
Level 3: Basic Chemistry
Preventing a chemical disaster by understanding atomic structure, bonding, and chemical reactions.
Puzzle-based challenges that involve identifying and balancing chemical equations.
- Mini-games that require players to combine elements and compounds to create new materials or substances.
- Quests that involve investigating chemical reactions and determining the types of bonds involved.
Level 4: Advanced Chemistry
Create advanced materials and substances by mastering quantitative chemistry, organic chemistry, and chemical analysis.
- Challenges that involve calculating quantities in chemical reactions, such as moles, masses, and concentrations.
- Mini-games that require players to identify and manipulate organic compounds and functional groups.
- Quests related to chemical analysis, such as identifying unknown substances using spectroscopy or chromatography.
Level 5: Basic Physics
Overcome physical obstacles by understanding and manipulating forces, energy, and motion.
- Physics-based puzzles that involve adjusting forces or energy inputs to achieve desired outcomes, such as moving objects or generating power.
- Mini-games that require players to predict and manipulate motion using concepts like velocity, acceleration, and friction.
- Quests that involve designing and testing simple machines or vehicles.
Level 6: Advanced Physics
Restore communication and power systems by mastering concepts of waves, electricity, and magnetism.
- Challenges that involve analyzing wave properties, such as frequency, wavelength, and amplitude, to solve problems related to sound, light, or communication.
- Mini-games that require players to design and troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Quests that involve manipulating magnetic fields to solve problems or generate power.
Level 7: Earth Science
Save a region from natural disasters by understanding geology, meteorology, and climate.
- Challenges that involve identifying rock types, geological structures, and processes to predict and prevent earthquakes or volcanic eruptions.
- Mini-games that require players to analyze weather patterns and atmospheric conditions to forecast storms or other meteorological events.
- Quests related to understanding and mitigating the impacts of climate change on ecosystems and human societies.
Level 8: Integrated Concepts
Solve interdisciplinary challenges that require the application of knowledge from multiple scientific disciplines.
- Complex puzzles and challenges that require players to integrate concepts from biology, chemistry, and physics to find solutions.
- Quests that involve designing and implementing large-scale solutions to environmental or technological problems.
- Collaborative challenges that require players to work together and apply their diverse scientific expertise.
A series of timed, randomized challenges that cover various aspects of the GED or GCSE Biology, Chemistry, and Physics syllabi, such as:
- Problem-solving tasks that require students to apply scientific concepts and principles to real-world scenarios.
- Data interpretation and analysis questions, where students must interpret graphs, charts, or tables and perform calculations based on the given data.
- Questions that test students' understanding of experimental design, methodology, and the scientific process.
- Tasks that require students to apply scientific reasoning and logic.
An aspiring chemist must save a world composed of different realms representing the various branches of chemistry. A mysterious force has disrupted the balance between the realms, causing disastrous consequences. The player must restore balance by mastering chemical concepts and applying them to overcome challenges.
- Exploration of diverse environments representing different branches of chemistry.
- Interaction with NPCs to learn concepts, solve problems, and receive tasks.
- Puzzle-solving tasks that require understanding and applying chemical concepts.
- Experimentation with virtual chemistry equipment to investigate chemical phenomena.
- Progression through levels by completing tasks and mastering concepts.
Level 1: Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table
Focused on atomic structure and the periodic table, where students must uncover the secrets of elemental properties and organization.
- Puzzle-solving tasks involving electron configurations, atomic numbers, and isotopes.
- Mini-games focused on trends and patterns in the periodic table, such as ionization energy and electronegativity.
- Challenges that require understanding of periodic trends to predict elemental behavior and reactivity.
Level 2: Chemical Bonding
Repair broken structures by mastering different types of chemical bonding.
- Puzzle-solving tasks related to ionic, covalent, and metallic bonding.
- Mini-games focused on understanding bond formation, polarity, and intermolecular forces.
- Challenges that involve predicting molecular shapes, bond angles, and properties.
Level 3: Chemical Reactions and Stoichiometry
Chemical reactions have gone haywire. Restore equilibrium by understanding reaction types and mastering stoichiometry.
- Puzzle-solving tasks involving reaction types, such as synthesis, decomposition, displacement, and redox reactions.
- Mini-games focused on balancing chemical equations, limiting reagents, and reaction yield calculations.
- Challenges that require players to predict and control reaction outcomes to solve various problems.
Level 4: Acids, Bases, and Equilibria
Restore balance by understanding the concepts of acidity, basicity, and chemical equilibria.
- Puzzle-solving tasks related to pH, pOH, and acid-base titrations.
- Mini-games focused on understanding buffer systems and solubility equilibria.
- Challenges that involve manipulating equilibria to achieve specific outcomes or prevent disasters.
A series of timed, randomized challenges that cover:
- Problem-solving tasks that require the application of chemical concepts learned during gameplay.
- Data interpretation and analysis questions, where players must interpret graphs, charts, or tables and perform calculations based on the given data.
- Questions that test players' understanding of experimental design, methodology, and the scientific process.
- Tasks that require players to apply scientific reasoning.
Players are recruited by the a prestigious institute to explore the secrets of life in a virtual world. Their mission is to study and solve various biological challenges while advancing through the ranks of the Institute.
- Exploration of diverse environments representing different areas of biology.
- Interactive lessons and problem-solving tasks to learn and apply biological concepts.
- Mini-games and challenges that reinforce understanding of key topics.
Level 1: Cell Biology
Delve into the microscopic world of cells, learning about organelles, cellular processes, and the differences between plant and animal cells.
- Identify cell structures and organelles and their functions.
- Complete mini-games related to cellular processes, such as cellular respiration and photosynthesis.
- Explore cellular specialization and differentiation.
Level 2: Genetics and Evolution
Unravel the mysteries of heredity and evolution by studying the inhabitants of "Gene Island."
- Learn about DNA structure, replication, transcription, and translation.
- Understand Mendelian inheritance patterns and the role of mutations.
- Complete puzzles related to genetic information and the principles of evolution.
- Investigate the process of natural selection and speciation.
Level 3: Human Anatomy and Physiology
Navigate through the human body, learning about body systems and how they function.
- Explore different body systems, such as skeletal, muscular, nervous, circulatory, respiratory, digestive, and endocrine systems.
- Identify and understand the function of organs and tissues within each system.
- Complete mini-games and challenges related to each body system.
- Learn about homeostasis and the role of feedback mechanisms in the body.
Level 4: Ecology and Ecosystems
Restoring balance to various ecosystems within the virtual world.
- Learn about food chains, food webs, and energy flow in ecosystems.
- Investigate population dynamics, such as predator-prey relationships and carrying capacity.
- Understand biogeochemical cycles, including the carbon and nitrogen cycles.
- Apply conservation strategies to maintain biodiversity and protect endangered species.
Within the institute's virtual testing facility, players would need to complete a series of timed challenges and puzzles related to the topics covered in each level. These challenges would require players to apply their knowledge of biology in various real-life situations.
Players are invited to join a Physics Academy, a virtual institution dedicated to discovering the fundamental principles governing the universe. Their mission is to master various areas of physics and use their knowledge to solve challenges and advance through the ranks of the Academy.
- Exploration of diverse environments representing different areas of physics.
- Interactive lessons and problem-solving tasks to learn and apply physics concepts.
- Mini-games and challenges that reinforce understanding of key topics.
Level 1: Classical Mechanics
Explore a dynamic world where they learn about the laws of motion, forces, and energy.
- Understand and apply Newton's laws of motion.
- Investigate the concepts of force, friction, and tension.
- Explore energy conservation, work, and power through real-life scenarios.
Level 2: Thermodynamics
A world filled with extreme temperatures, to uncover the principles of heat, temperature, and thermal energy transfer.
- Learn about temperature scales and heat transfer methods (conduction, convection, and radiation).
- Understand the principles of thermodynamics and their applications.
- Complete mini-games and challenges related to thermal energy and phase changes.
Level 3: Electricity and Magnetism
Venture into an electrifying world to discover the relationship between electricity and magnetism.
- Investigate the properties of electric charges, electric fields, and electric potential.
- Understand the basics of circuits, including Ohm's law and Kirchhoff's rules.
- Explore the principles of magnetism, including magnetic fields and electromagnetic induction.
Level 4: Waves and Optics
Explore a vibrant world, to learn about the properties of waves and the behavior of light.
- Learn about the characteristics of waves, such as amplitude, frequency, and wavelength.
- Investigate sound waves, their properties, and their applications.
- Understand the principles of optics, including reflection, refraction, and lenses.
Within the Physics Academy's virtual testing facility. Players would need to complete a series of timed challenges and puzzles related to the topics covered in each level. These challenges would require players to apply their knowledge of physics in various real-life situations.
Players are recruited by the a secret society to travel through time and uncover the rich history of Britain. Their mission is to learn about key events, figures, and periods while solving puzzles and challenges to piece together a comprehensive understanding of British history.
- Time-travel through different eras of British history.
- Interactive lessons and problem-solving tasks to learn and apply historical knowledge.
- Mini-games and challenges that reinforce understanding of key events and figures.
- Collection of historical artifacts and documents to create a virtual historical archive.
Level 1: Roman Britain
Experience the arrival of the Romans and the establishment of Roman rule in Britain.
- Complete a puzzle to reconstruct a timeline of Julius Caesar's invasions of Britain in 55 and 54 BC.
- Participate in a virtual battle simulation to understand the Roman conquest of Britain under Emperor Claudius.
- Explore the construction and significance of Hadrian's Wall through an interactive 3D environment.
- Discover the impact of Roman culture, architecture, and infrastructure on British society through artifact collection and mini-games.
Level 2: Anglo-Saxon and Viking Age
Explore the period of Anglo-Saxon and Viking settlements, witnessing the power struggles and cultural shifts.
- Investigate the Anglo-Saxon Heptarchy and the unification of England through an interactive map-based quest.
- Uncover the life and reign of King Alfred the Great through a series of dialogue-based challenges and tasks.
- Learn about the Danelaw and the Viking settlements in Britain by reconstructing a historical settlement in a simulation.
- Participate in key battles and events, such as the Battle of Hastings, to understand the effects of the Viking invasions on British society.
Level 3: The Norman Conquest and Medieval Period
Delve into the Norman Conquest and the subsequent medieval period, experiencing the changes in political, social, and cultural life. Goals:
- Learn about the Battle of Hastings by taking part in a strategy-based mini-game.
- Explore the changes in the social hierarchy and the establishment of the feudal system through interactive dialogues and decision-making scenarios.
- Investigate the growth of towns and trade in medieval Britain through a trade simulation.
- Discover the influence of the Church and the construction of cathedrals and castles by participating in virtual architectural projects.
Within the Society's virtual testing facility. Players would need to complete a series of timed challenges and puzzles related to the topics covered in each level. These challenges would require players to apply their knowledge of British history in various situations.
A world where students must use their geographical knowledge to solve problems and restore balance. A world experiencing various environmental and human crises, and the player must navigate and understand different landscapes and cultures to find solutions.
- Exploration-based gameplay where players must navigate diverse environments, such as deserts, rainforests, and urban areas.
- Decision-making challenges that require players to consider the social, economic, and environmental consequences of their choices.
- Map-based puzzles that involve interpreting and creating maps, graphs, and charts to solve problems or make informed decisions.
Level 1: Physical Geography
Navigate and adapt to various landforms, weather, climate, and ecosystems.
- Exploration-based challenges where players must identify and classify different landforms and ecosystems.
- Weather prediction mini-games that require players to analyze atmospheric conditions to forecast storms or other meteorological events.
- Quests related to understanding the formation and characteristics of different landforms, such as mountains, valleys, and coastal features.
Level 2: Human Geography
Understand the dynamics of population, urbanization, and resource management to address human crises.
- Decision-making challenges where players must balance population growth, urban planning, and resource allocation.
- Mini-games that involve analyzing demographic trends and predicting future population changes.
- Quests related to managing resources, such as water, energy, and food, in various environments and contexts.
Level 3: Cartography
Use map reading, interpretation, and creation skills to navigate and solve problems in the game world.
- Map-based puzzles that require players to interpret different types of maps, such as topographic, political, and thematic maps.
- Mini-games that involve creating custom maps to plan routes, locate resources, or identify geographical features.
- Quests that challenge players to navigate using various map projections, coordinate systems, and scales.
Level 4: Regional Geography
Understand the culture, politics, and economy of specific regions to solve local issues and conflicts.
- Decision-making challenges that involve balancing the needs and desires of different cultural, political, or economic groups within a region.
- Mini-games that require players to analyze regional data, such as GDP, literacy rates, or population density, to make informed decisions.
- Quests related to understanding and addressing regional challenges, such as poverty, inequality, or environmental degradation.
Level 5: Global Issues
Tackle global issues such as globalization and sustainable development to ensure the well-being of the planet and its inhabitants.
- Decision-making challenges that require players to weigh the social, economic, and environmental consequences of their actions on a global scale.
- Mini-games that involve analyzing global trends, such as trade patterns, migration, or carbon emissions, to identify opportunities and risks.
- Quests related to implementing sustainable development strategies, such as renewable energy, conservation, and responsible consumption.
Level 6: Geographic Techniques
Use geographic techniques such as GIS, remote sensing, and fieldwork to solve complex problems and gather data.
- Challenges that involve using GIS software to analyze spatial data, create custom maps, and model geographical phenomena.
- Mini-games that require players to interpret satellite imagery or other remote sensing data to make informed decisions or predictions.
- Quests that involve conducting virtual fieldwork, such as collecting data, making observations, and conducting interviews, to gather information and draw conclusions.
The final exam should assess the player's mastery of the concepts covered throughout the game, as well as their ability to apply these concepts in practical scenarios. The exam could consist of a series of timed, randomized challenges that cover various aspects of the syllabus, such as:
- Identifying and explaining geographical features or phenomena using maps, satellite imagery, or other data.
- Analyzing and interpreting graphs, charts, or other visual representations of geographical information.
- Applying geographical concepts and techniques to solve problems or make informed decisions.
Stranded on a mysterious island with other aspiring entrepreneurs. To escape, players must build successful businesses by exploiting the island's unique resources, competing against other players, and navigating various moral dilemmas. Along the way, they learn essential business concepts and apply their knowledge to maximize profits and outwit their rivals.
- Develop a business empire in a dynamic, open-world island setting.
- Learn business concepts through interactive lessons, hidden clues, and interactions with island inhabitants.
- Engage in morally ambiguous decision-making and face the consequences of choices.
- Compete and collaborate with other players to secure resources, form alliances, or sabotage rivals.
Level 1: Island Exploration and Idea Generation
Explore the island, discover unique resources, and brainstorm business ideas.
- Traverse the island to gather information about local resources and potential competitors.
- Complete mini-games and puzzles to uncover hidden opportunities and island secrets.
- Generate business ideas by combining resources and island features in creative ways.
Level 2: Building a Shady Business Empire
Set up their businesses, making morally questionable choices to cut corners and outsmart the competition.
- Bribe local officials or island inhabitants for permits and exclusive access to resources.
- Exploit labor and environmental regulations to minimize costs and maximize profits.
- Steal, sabotage, or form alliances with other players to secure a competitive advantage.
Level 3: Marketing and Manipulation
Develop marketing campaigns and engage in deception and manipulation to lure customers and discredit rivals.
- Spread false rumors about competitors' products to create negative publicity.
- Create deceptive advertising campaigns to exaggerate product benefits.
- Manipulate social media algorithms to increase visibility and drown out rivals.
Level 4: Profit, Power, and Betrayal
Navigate a network of alliances and betrayals, using their business acumen to seize control of the island's economy.
- Form temporary alliances with other players to take down powerful rivals, only to betray them when it benefits you.
- Leverage your business empire to control the island's political landscape and influence decisions.
- Monitor and adapt to the ever-changing dynamics of the island's economy and player relationships.
A high-stakes showdown in which players must use their business skills, alliances, and cunning to gain control of the island's central power source. This multi-faceted challenge will require players to apply their knowledge of business concepts, make strategic decisions under pressure, and navigate the complex web of relationships they have built throughout the game. The player who successfully seizes control of the power source escapes the island and wins the game.
In an alternate reality, the gods of ancient civilizations (Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and more) coexist and are engaged in a power struggle to dominate the world. The player takes the role of an archaeologist who accidentally awakens a long-lost hero with the power to interact with the gods. Together, they must navigate this mystical realm, learn the rich history of classical civilizations, and uncover the truth behind the gods' intentions.
- Explore a vast open-world filled with mythical creatures, ancient cities, and diverse cultures.
- Learn about classical civilizations through interactions with characters, uncovering artifacts, and solving riddles.
- Engage in strategic battles, manipulating the gods' powers and alliances to shape the outcome.
- Make morally ambiguous choices that impact the world's balance of power and the fates of the civilizations.
Level 1: A Hero Awakens
Learn about the hero's origin and the state of the world, as well as the basics of classical civilizations.
- Interact with characters from various cultures to gain knowledge and form alliances.
- Choose to support or oppose the gods, affecting the storyline and consequences.
Level 2: Riddle of the Sphinx
Delve into the mysteries of ancient Egypt, solving riddles and learning about its history.
- Solve riddles and puzzles based on Egyptian myths and legends.
- Decide whether to use the knowledge gained for the greater good or personal gain.
Level 3: The Odyssey of Rome
Embark on a journey through the Roman Empire, learning about its culture and politics.
- Engage in strategic battles with rival factions, utilizing knowledge of Roman military tactics.
- Make controversial decisions that impact the balance of power in the Roman Empire.
Level 4: Clash of the Titans
Confront the gods themselves, seeking to unravel the truth behind the gods' intentions.
- Leverage alliances with gods and heroes to gain an advantage in battles.
- Decide whether to expose the gods' secrets, risking the wrath of divine beings, or maintain the status quo.
A decisive battle for control of the mythical world. Players must use their knowledge of classical civilizations, mythology, and history to rally their allies and defeat the gods' sinister plan. The exam will test players' understanding of classical civilization concepts, their strategic thinking, and ability to make moral choices under pressure. The outcome of the exam will determine the fate of the ancient world and the future of the gods.
A dystopian future where quantum computing has revolutionized technology, a tyrannical government uses its power to control the population. Players assume the role of a gifted hacker who joins a rebel group to overthrow the oppressive regime. To succeed, they must learn and apply computer science concepts, infiltrate the government's systems, and navigate moral dilemmas in this cyberpunk world.
- Learn computer science concepts through interactive lessons, hacking challenges, and in-game resources.
- Make morally ambiguous decisions that impact the storyline and characters' fates.
- Complete hacking missions and puzzles using real programming languages and tools.
- Collaborate or compete with other players to uncover government secrets and unlock new abilities.
Level 1: Joining the Rebellion
Introduced to the rebels and learn basic programming concepts to prove skills.
- Complete interactive tutorials and solve puzzles to demonstrate your programming abilities.
- Choose to accept or reject morally questionable missions from the CLF.
Level 2: Decrypting Secrets
Learn advanced encryption algorithms and work to intercept and decrypt government communications.
- Solve complex encryption puzzles using real-world cryptography techniques.
- Decide whether to leak sensitive information to the public or use it for personal gain.
Level 3: System Infiltration
Infiltrate government-controlled systems by exploiting vulnerabilities and bypassing security measures.
- Learn and apply concepts like penetration testing, ethical hacking, and network security.
- Make morally ambiguous choices, such as framing innocent individuals or causing collateral damage to achieve your goals.
Level 4: Artificial Intelligence Showdown
Learn about artificial intelligence and use that knowledge to create AI agents that can outsmart government surveillance systems.
- Design and train AI agents to complete various hacking missions.
- Choose to deploy your AI for benevolent purposes or use them to manipulate and control others.
Level 4: Quantum Computing Revolution
Unlock the secrets of quantum computing and harness its power to challenge the Quantum Regime.
- Learn about quantum computing principles and solve advanced problems using quantum algorithms.
- Decide whether to share this technology with the world or keep it for the CLF's benefit, risking further division and conflict.
An epic confrontation with the Regime's central AI system. Players must use their computer science knowledge, hacking skills, and AI agents to dismantle the AI's defenses, expose the government's secrets, and bring down the regime. The multi-layered challenge will test players' understanding of computer science concepts, problem-solving skills, and their ability to make strategic decisions under pressure. The outcome of the exam will determine the fate of the rebellion and the future of the dystopian world.
Art & Design
In a dystopian world where creativity has been suppressed by an oppressive regime, the player assumes the role of an aspiring artist and undercover rebel. Their mission is to unite the underground creative community, spark a revolution, and bring color and expression back to the world.
- Explore a monochrome world and bring back color and creativity through art.
- Learn and master various art techniques and styles from different eras and cultures.
- Complete covert missions to gather resources and recruit allies for the rebellion.
- Make morally ambiguous choices that impact the story and shape the fate of the creative world.
Level 1: The Birth of a Rebel
Learn the basics of art and design, discovering hidden art supplies and practicing techniques.
- Experiment with various art tools and mediums (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.).
- Choose to express controversial themes and ideas, gaining notoriety and attracting the regime's attention.
Level 2: Renaissance Unveiled
Explore the rich history of the Renaissance, learning about its art and design principles.
- Recreate famous works and styles from the Renaissance era.
- Develop a unique artistic style that embodies the spirit of the rebellion.
Level 3: Pop Art Rebellion
Dive into the world of Pop Art, using its bold and colorful style to make a statement against the oppressive regime.
- Design street art and graffiti that challenge the status quo and inspire others to join the rebellion.
- Evade regime enforcers while spreading your artwork throughout the city.
Level 4: The Final Masterpiece
Collaborate with fellow rebels to create a large-scale art installation that symbolizes the spirit of the revolution.
- Utilize various art techniques and styles to craft a powerful and provocative piece.
- Defend the installation against regime forces trying to destroy it.
The final exam tests the player's mastery of art and design principles, their understanding of different artistic eras and styles, and their ability to make bold creative choices under pressure. Players must create a revolutionary masterpiece that captures the essence of the rebellion and exposes the oppressive regime's true nature. Their work will be evaluated based on its creativity, technical skill, and the impact it has on the world.
A single corporation has achieved a global monopoly. A young economist who uncovers the corporation's hidden agenda to control the world's wealth and resources. It's up to the player to infiltrate the corporation, learn the secrets of their economic dominance, and create a new economic model to break the monopoly and restore balance to the global economy.
- Learn and apply economic theories, principles, and strategies.
- Explore the implications of various economic systems and policies.
- Engage in trade, negotiations, and alliances to gather resources and influence.
- Make morally ambiguous choices that impact the world's economy and the player's reputation.
Level 1: Monopoly Menace
Learn the basics of economics and discover the extent of the corporation's control.
- Analyze market trends and identify opportunities for competition.
- Develop a business plan to challenge the monopoly.
Level 2: Guerrilla Economics
Explore alternative economic systems and strategies, such as underground economies and black markets.
- Conduct covert transactions to fund the resistance.
- Establish a network of secret suppliers and customers to bypass the monopoly.
Level 3: Financial Warfare
Wage economic warfare against the corporation, utilizing strategic investments, and partnerships.
- Manipulate stock prices and currency values to destabilize the corporation's financial position.
- Form alliances with other economic powers to increase your influence and leverage.
Level 4: The Great Redistribution
Develop a new economic model that promotes wealth redistribution and breaks the corporation's monopoly.
- Design economic policies that encourage competition, innovation, and social welfare.
- Implement the new model in a test region and monitor its impact on the economy and society.
Challenge players to utilize their knowledge of economic principles, theories, and strategies to dismantle the corporation's global monopoly and establish a new, equitable economic system. Players will need to design and implement a comprehensive plan, which includes managing resources, engaging in negotiations, and making critical choices that will shape the world's future.
Design & Technology
A dystopian world ravaged by resource depletion. Players assume the role of a brilliant inventor tasked with designing and implementing innovative technologies to restore the planet and build a sustainable future. Facing powerful forces that seek to maintain the status quo, players must overcome obstacles and make morally complex decisions as they attempt a technological utopia.
- Learn and apply design and technology concepts and principles.
- Design, prototype, and manufacture solutions to real-world problems.
- Collaborate with or compete against other inventors and factions.
- Make morally ambiguous choices that impact the game world and the player's reputation.
Level 1: The Awakening
Learn the basics of design and technology as they discover the dire state of the world.
- Complete introductory design tasks.
- Explore the impact of unsustainable technologies on the environment and society.
Level 2: Radical Innovation
Develop groundbreaking technologies to combat climate change and resource depletion.
- Research and develop renewable energy sources, sustainable materials, and eco-friendly products.
- Implement and test prototypes in various environments.
Level 3: Industrial Espionage
Face opposition from powerful corporations that want to maintain the status quo and suppress new technologies.
- Infiltrate enemy facilities to steal valuable research or sabotage their operations.
- Protect your intellectual property from corporate spies.
Level 4: Utopian Revolution
Lead a movement to revolutionize the world through sustainable design and technology.
- Forge alliances with like-minded factions.
- Develop and deploy large-scale projects to transform cities and ecosystems.
The final exam will challenge players to utilize their knowledge of design and technology principles to create a comprehensive plan for a sustainable utopia. Players will need to design and implement various technologies, manage resources, and navigate moral dilemmas while facing opposition from powerful adversaries.
Aworld of espionage and intrigue, players assume the role of a talented actor-turned-spy recruited by a secret agency. Their mission is to infiltrate enemy organizations and use their acting skills to gain trust, gather intelligence, and ultimately bring down adversaries. As they progress, players learn about various drama concepts and techniques while using their newfound skills to blend in and manipulate their surroundings.
- Learn and apply drama concepts and techniques, such as improvisation, character development, and script analysis.
- Engage in dialogue-based gameplay, where players choose responses and actions to manipulate their environment and characters.
- Utilize acting skills to build trust, gather information, and deceive enemies.
- Perform in scripted scenes that require players to use specific drama techniques.
- Make morally complex decisions, shaping the story and character development.
Level 1: Spy Training
Infiltrate a low-security enemy facility. Complete various training exercises to learn the basics of drama and improvisation, while mastering the art of blending in and adopting personas. Successfully infiltrate a low-security enemy facility.
- Learn the basics of drama and improvisation.
- Master the art of blending in and adopting personas.
Level 2: The Masquerade
Attend a high-profile enemy gathering in disguise. Study character development and script analysis to create a convincing cover identity. Attend a high-profile enemy gathering in disguise, interacting with guests and gathering information without arousing suspicion.
- Study character development and script analysis.
- Create a convincing cover identity.
Level 3: Mind Games
Extract crucial information from an enemy operative. Learn advanced acting techniques to deceive and manipulate others. Engage in a high-stakes conversation with an enemy operative, using persuasion and emotional manipulation to extract crucial information.
- Learn advanced acting techniques to deceive and manipulate others.
- Use persuasion and emotional manipulation to extract information.
Level 4: The Stage is Set
Utilize the performance to cover for a covert operation. Analyze and rehearse a scripted scene, then perform in a live theatre event attended by the enemy. During the performance, coordinate with your team to complete a covert operation without alerting the audience.
- Analyze and rehearse a scripted scene.
- Perform in a live theatre event attended by the enemy.
Level 5: The Great Betrayal
Confront a double agent within your organization. Delve into the ethics of drama and deception, and face the consequences of past decisions and actions. Confront a double agent within your organization, using your acting skills to uncover the truth and reveal their true loyalties.
- Delve into the ethics of drama and deception.
- Face the consequences of past decisions and actions.
Level 6: The Final Act
Bring down the enemy organization while maintaining your cover. Apply all acquired drama skills to complete the ultimate mission, infiltrating the enemy's headquarters. Make morally complex choices with far-reaching consequences, and bring down the enemy organization while maintaining your cover.
- Apply all acquired drama skills to complete the ultimate mission.
- Make morally complex choices with far-reaching consequences.
- Players must create and perform an original scene, incorporating all the drama concepts and techniques they've learned throughout the game.
- Their performance will be assessed based on their understanding of drama principles, character development, improvisation, and overall creativity.
A genius engineer working for a secret organization that aims to restore balance to a broken dystopic world. As they progress, players learn about various engineering principles, solve challenging problems, and design innovative machines to tackle their missions. The game explores the ethical implications of technological advancements, as well as the responsibilities that come with wielding such power.
- Learn and apply engineering concepts and principles, such as structural integrity, materials science, and mechanical design.
- Design, build, and test various machines and structures to accomplish objectives.
- Solve complex engineering problems and puzzles in a variety of environments.
- Manage resources and balance efficiency with environmental sustainability.
- Make ethical decisions that impact the story, the environment, and the fate of the world.
Level 1: Awakening
Complete training exercises to learn the basics of engineering, including the design and construction of simple machines. Assemble a renewable energy device to power the secret organization's base.
- Introduction to basic engineering concepts
- Understanding of levers, pulleys, and gears
- Machine assembly and testing
- Resource management and sustainability
Level 2: Skyward Bound
Design and build a flying machine to navigate through a treacherous aerial environment, while avoiding enemy surveillance and overcoming various engineering challenges.
- Exploration of aerodynamics and lift
- Design and implementation of propulsion systems
- Stability and control analysis
- Stealth and evasion techniques
Level 3: The Depths of Despair
Engineer a submersible vehicle to explore the depths of the ocean, retrieving valuable resources and discovering ancient technologies that can aid your mission.
- Understanding buoyancy and its impact on underwater vehicles
- Calculation of pressure at various depths
- Navigation and exploration of underwater environments
- Discovery and analysis of ancient technology
Level 4: Seismic Shift
Investigate and mitigate the effects of increased seismic activity by designing earthquake-resistant structures and stabilizing existing infrastructure.
- Study of structural integrity and seismic forces
- Design and construction of earthquake-resistant buildings
- Evaluation and reinforcement of existing structures
- Development and implementation of early warning systems
A complex, multi-stage mission that tests players' understanding and mastery of engineering concepts and principles. Players must design and build an array of machines and structures to overcome various obstacles, with a focus on efficiency, sustainability, and ethics. Their performance will be evaluated based on the effectiveness of their designs, the resources used, and the choices made throughout the mission.
An aspiring filmmaker who uncovers a conspiracy involving the film industry, politics, and the media. The players must create and produce a series of films that expose the conspiracy, while evading powerful adversaries who seek to silence them. Throughout the game, players learn about different aspects of film studies, from filmmaking techniques and theories to the history of cinema and its impact on society.
- Learn and apply film studies concepts, such as film analysis, film history, and film theory.
- Write, direct, and edit films to achieve specific goals or convey specific messages.
- Manage resources, including budgets, actors, and production crew.
- Respond to public reactions and critics to shape the impact of your films on the conspiracy.
- Make difficult ethical decisions that affect the storyline and the consequences of your actions.
Level 1: Discovery
Create a short film to explore the basics of filmmaking, while uncovering the first hints of the conspiracy.
- Introduction to basic film studies concepts and filmmaking techniques
- Scriptwriting, casting, and location scouting
- Cinematography, lighting, and sound design
- Film editing and post-production
Level 2: Building a Following
Produce a low-budget indie film that further exposes the conspiracy and gains the attention of the public and the industry.
- Developing a compelling story and unique visual style
- Guerrilla filmmaking techniques and resource management
- Balancing artistic vision with commercial considerations
- Promoting the film through marketing and public relations
Level 3: Chasing the Truth
Create a documentary that delves deeper into the conspiracy and interviews key players, while navigating legal and ethical challenges.
- Documentary filmmaking techniques and styles
- Research, investigation, and interview skills
- Navigating legal and ethical issues in documentary filmmaking
- Responding to controversy and managing public opinion
Level 4: The Final Showdown
Produce a high-stakes blockbuster film that exposes the entire conspiracy and leads to a dramatic confrontation with the powerful forces behind it.
- Advanced filmmaking techniques and special effects
- Large-scale production management and budgeting
- Balancing artistic vision with commercial success
- Managing public relations and dealing with backlash
A multi-part filmmaking project that tests the player's knowledge and mastery of film studies concepts and techniques. Players must create a cohesive film series that addresses various aspects of the conspiracy and showcases their understanding of different filmmaking styles and approaches.
Food Preparation and Nutrition
A culinary student at a the prestigious chef academy, learning about food preparation, nutrition, and develop skills to become a world-class chef. As players progress through the game, players face various challenges, unlock new recipes, and learn about the importance of a balanced diet.
- Learn and apply food preparation techniques and nutrition concepts
- Create delicious and nutritious meals using various ingredients and techniques
- Earn points and rewards for creating well-balanced meals
- Complete challenges and mini-games to unlock new recipes and skills
- Customize and upgrade the player's kitchen and equipment
Level 1: The Basics
Learning basic cooking techniques and the importance of a balanced diet.
- Introduction to basic food preparation techniques and nutrition concepts
- Ingredient selection, meal planning, and timing
- Health and safety in the kitchen
- Practice cooking simple recipes and learn about their nutritional values
Level 2: Cultural Cuisine
Explore various cultural cuisines and learn about the unique ingredients and cooking techniques associated with each.
- Study the culinary history and cultural significance of different cuisines
- Learn about unique ingredients and their nutritional benefits
- Practice cooking traditional recipes from various cultures
- Discover how different cultures approach balanced diets
Level 3: Dietary Diversification
Learn about different dietary requirements and restrictions, such as vegetarianism, veganism, gluten-free, and more.
- Understand the nutritional needs and challenges of various dietary restrictions
- Learn to modify recipes to accommodate different diets
- Practice creating meals that cater to specific dietary needs
- Explore the impact of food choices on health and the environment
Level 4: Food Science
Dive into the science behind food preparation and nutrition, learning about the chemical and physical processes that occur during cooking.
- Study the science of cooking, including the Maillard reaction, caramelization, and more
- Understand the role of different nutrients in the body and their sources
- Experiment with cooking techniques to achieve desired textures and flavors
- Analyze the nutritional content of various ingredients and recipes
Final Exam: The Culinary Masterpiece
Players must plan, prepare, and present a multi-course meal that showcases their culinary skills, creativity, and understanding of food preparation and nutrition. The final meal should cater to various dietary restrictions, incorporate ingredients from different cultures, and demonstrate a mastery of the scientific concepts learned throughout the game.
European languages (French, German, Spanish, Portugese, Classical Greek, Latin, Italian)
A linguistic detective, tasked with solving mysteries across various European countries. To do so, students must learn and master the languages spoken in those countries (French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Classical Greek, Latin, and Italian). As they progress, they will uncover clues, converse with locals, and decode ancient texts to solve each case.
- Learn vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation for each language
- Complete language challenges and mini-games to improve skills
- Interact with NPCs (non-playable characters) using dialogue trees
- Solve puzzles and riddles that require language mastery
- Use language skills to progress through the story and unlock new mysteries
Level 1: French Connection
Players must solve a theft in a Parisian museum by talking to witnesses, reading reports, and deciphering clues.
- Learn basic French vocabulary and grammar
- Practice listening and speaking skills through conversation with NPCs
- Read and analyze documents to gather information
- Solve language-based puzzles to reveal new clues
Level 2: German Enigma
Players must decode a cryptic message found in a Berlin library, leading to a hidden treasure.
- Learn basic German vocabulary and grammar
- Practice listening and speaking skills through interaction with NPCs
- Translate and interpret ancient texts
- Complete language-based challenges to unlock new leads
Level 3: Spanish Expedition
Players must help a local Spanish town uncover the truth behind an old legend.
- Learn basic Spanish vocabulary and grammar
- Practice listening and speaking skills through engaging with NPCs
- Investigate local folklore by reading and analyzing texts
- Complete language-based mini-games to progress the story
(Players continue to explore mysteries in other locations, learning Portuguese, Classical Greek, Latin, and Italian in a similar fashion.)
Final Exam: The Grand Linguistic Puzzle
Players must use their mastery of all seven languages to solve a complex, multilingual puzzle that ties together all the mysteries they have previously solved. The final exam will test the player's vocabulary, grammar, listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in each language. Success in the final exam is determined by the player's ability to accurately translate, interpret, and communicate using each language, ultimately solving the grand puzzle and uncovering the ultimate secret.
Non-European languages (Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Urdu, Arabic)
A secret agent who must navigate through various Non-European countries (China, Russia, Pakistan, and Arab-speaking countries) to thwart an international conspiracy. To successfully complete their mission, players must learn and master the local languages (Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Urdu, and Arabic). Along the way, they will interact with locals, decipher coded messages, and use their language skills to progress through the story.
- Learn vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation for each language
- Complete language challenges and mini-games to improve skills
- Interact with NPCs (non-playable characters) using dialogue trees
- Solve puzzles and riddles that require language mastery
- Use language skills to progress through the story and unravel the conspiracy
Level 1: Mandarin Mystery
Gather intelligence on a secretive organization operating in Beijing, China.
- Learn basic Mandarin Chinese vocabulary and grammar
- Practice listening and speaking skills through conversation with NPCs
- Read and analyze documents to gather information
- Solve language-based puzzles to reveal new leads
Level 2: Russian Riddles
Infiltrate a hidden facility in Moscow, Russia, using their Russian language skills to blend in and gain access.
- Learn basic Russian vocabulary and grammar
- Practice listening and speaking skills through interaction with NPCs
- Decode and interpret encrypted messages
- Complete language-based challenges to unlock new areas
Level 3: Urdu Unraveling
Navigate through the bustling streets of Karachi, Pakistan, to locate a key informant with vital information.
- Learn basic Urdu vocabulary and grammar
- Investigate local customs and culture by reading and analyzing texts
- Complete language-based mini-games to progress the story
Level 4: Arabic Enigma
Uncover the truth behind an ancient artifact discovered in Cairo, Egypt, using their Arabic language skills to decipher inscriptions.
- Practice listening and speaking skills through interacting with NPCs
- Translate and interpret ancient texts
- Solve language-based riddles to reveal the artifact's secrets
Final Exam: The Polyglot Protocol
Players must use their mastery of all four languages to prevent the international conspiracy from succeeding.The final exam will test the player's vocabulary, grammar, listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in each language. Success in the final exam is determined by the player's ability to accurately translate, interpret, and communicate using each language, ultimately foiling the conspirators' plans and saving the day.
A budding musician who dreams of becoming the world's greatest composer. Students embark on a musical journey, competing in various contests and collaborating with other musicians to learn the skills necessary to create masterpieces and conquer the world stage.
- Learn and practice musical concepts, instruments, and styles
- Collaborate with other in-game musicians
- Participate in competitions and performances
- Compose original music
- Unlock new instruments, styles, and locations as you progress
Level 1: Hometown Heroes
Start in the local music community, learning basic musical concepts and practicing with beginner instruments. Rhythm matching, identifying notes, and playing simple melodies.
- Learn basic musical concepts, such as rhythm, pitch, and dynamics
- Practice playing simple melodies on beginner instruments
- Perform at local venues to gain experience and recognition
Level 2: Regional Rivals
Advance to regional contests, learning more complex music theory, scales, and chords. Mastering more advanced techniques on their instruments and composing short pieces.
- Master more advanced music theory, including scales and chords
- Compete in regional contests to showcase improved skills
- Compose short pieces to be performed at competitions and events
Level 3: National Noisemakers
Compete in national competitions, exploring various music genres and styles. Learning the history and characteristics of different genres and incorporating them into their compositions.
- Explore various music genres, such as classical, jazz, and pop
- Learn the history and characteristics of each genre
- Incorporate different styles into compositions and performances
Level 4: Global Groove
Tour around the world, collaborating with international musicians to learn about world music and instruments. Adapting to new instruments and styles and composing music that combines different cultural influences.
- Travel to different countries and collaborate with international musicians
- Discover and learn about world music and traditional instruments
- Combine different cultural influences to create unique compositions
Level 5: Masterpiece Marathon
Face the greatest challenge yet, composing a magnum opus to be performed at a prestigious international music festival. Utilizing all the skills and knowledge acquired throughout the game to create a truly unique and memorable piece.
- Utilize all the skills and knowledge acquired throughout the game
- Compose a magnum opus that showcases the player's musical prowess
- Perform the masterpiece at a prestigious international music festival
A culmination of the player's musical journey: composing a full-length piece incorporating various musical concepts, styles, and instruments they've learned throughout the game. This piece will be judged based on its creativity, complexity, and adherence to the principles of music theory.
Physical Education (PE)
Becoming the ultimate athlete, mastering a variety of sports and physical activities. The game uses motion tracking technology and wearable fitness trackers to monitor the player's movements and progress throughout their fitness journey.
- Motion tracking: Track player's movements using cameras, sensors, or wearable devices
- Real-time feedback: Provide real-time feedback on form, posture, and technique
- Progress tracking: Record player's performance and improvements over time
- Customizable workouts: Allow players to tailor workouts to their preferences and fitness levels
- Multiplayer mode: Enable players to compete or collaborate with friends and others online
- Coaching: Offer in-game guidance and tips from virtual coaches or personal trainers
- Rewards: Earn points, achievements, and unlock new activities as players progress
- Health monitoring: Integrate with health apps to track vital statistics such as heart rate and calories burned.
- Basic Training:
- Learn foundational fitness concepts, such as proper form, warm-up, and cool-down routines
- Master basic exercises, including push-ups, squats, and jumping jacks
- Participate in introductory sports activities, such as running or swimming
Level 1: Athletic Ascent
- Develop sport-specific skills in activities like soccer, basketball, or tennis
- Improve cardiovascular endurance through activities such as interval training or long-distance running
- Engage in strength training exercises to enhance overall physical power
Level 2: Flexibility and Balance
- Practice yoga or pilates to enhance flexibility and balance
- Incorporate stretching routines to prevent injuries and improve athletic performance
- Learn about the importance of rest and recovery in maintaining peak physical condition
Level 3: Adventure Sports
- Explore unconventional sports like rock climbing, parkour, or surfing
- Develop specialized skills and techniques required for these unique activities
- Participate in thrilling competitions and challenges to test newfound abilities
Level 4: Elite Athlete
- Train for and participate in high-level competitions in various sports
- Master advanced training techniques and strategies to maximize performance
- Overcome intense physical challenges to reach the pinnacle of athletic achievement
A multi-discipline fitness challenge where players will have to apply the skills and knowledge they've acquired throughout the game. This challenge will include a series of events, such as a timed race, strength exercises, flexibility tests, and a chosen sports competition. Players must complete the challenge within a specific time limit while meeting the required performance benchmarks.
Navigating a world filled with manifestations of various psychological concepts and theories. As an aspiring psychologist, players help troubled individuals by diving into their minds to unravel the source of their distress and provide therapeutic interventions. The game is set in a mysterious organization that specializes in advanced psychological treatments.
- Exploration: Navigate diverse mental landscapes representing different psychological theories and disorders
- Dialogue: Engage in conversations with characters to gather information and provide guidance
- Puzzles: Solve puzzles representing psychological challenges to unlock new areas or progress in therapy
- Decision-making: Make choices that affect the outcome of the story and the well-being of characters
- Skill tree: Develop and customize your character's psychological knowledge and therapeutic techniques
- Multiple endings: Achieve different outcomes depending on player choices and actions throughout the game
Level 1: The Mind's Foundations
The player encounters a character struggling with test anxiety. The player must explore the environment, collect resources related to relaxation techniques, and engage in dialogue with the character to help them overcome their anxiety.
- Search for resources: Find items and information to help characters
- Dialogue choices: Select appropriate responses to guide the character through their issue
- Mini-games: Complete relaxation exercises alongside the character, such as deep breathing or progressive muscle relaxation
- Learn about the basic principles of psychology, including cognition, emotion, and motivation
- Explore environments representing various psychological theories
- Assist characters with simple issues related to stress, anxiety, or self-esteem
Level 2: Abnormal Adventures
The player enters the mind of a character with depression. They must navigate a dark, distorted environment filled with negative thoughts and emotions, ultimately helping the character regain control of their mental landscape.
- Environment manipulation: Alter the mental landscape to reflect therapeutic progress
- Thought battles: Challenge and defeat manifestations of negative thoughts using cognitive-behavioral techniques
- Implement treatment plan: Choose appropriate interventions based on the character's needs and preferences
- Delve into the minds of individuals struggling with mental health disorders
- Gain an understanding of various disorders, such as depression, anxiety, and schizophrenia
- Apply appropriate interventions to help characters regain control of their mental well-being
Level 3: Social Dynamics
The player must intervene in a group of characters engaged in groupthink, leading them to make a potentially disastrous decision. The player must persuade individual members to challenge the group's consensus and promote independent thinking.
- Social influence tactics: Utilize persuasion techniques to sway characters' opinions
- Conflict resolution: Mediate arguments and help the group reach a healthier decision
- Empathy building: Encourage understanding and cooperation among group members
- Explore the complexities of human interaction and group behavior
- Investigate scenarios involving conformity, groupthink, and persuasion
- Mediate conflicts and help characters develop healthier relationships with others
Level 4: Developmental Journey
The player assists a character navigating the challenges of adolescence, such as establishing their identity and dealing with peer pressure. The player must help the character make important life decisions and develop healthy coping strategies.
- Life choices: Guide the character through decision-making processes that shape their future
- Skill development: Teach the character useful coping skills, such as problem-solving and communication
- Relationship building: Foster connections between the character and supportive peers or mentors
- Travel through the stages of human development, from infancy to old age
- Address challenges related to cognitive, emotional, and social development
- Guide characters through critical life transitions and milestones
Level 5: Mind Games
The player encounters a controversial psychological experiment that raises ethical concerns. They must navigate a series of debates and challenges related to the experiment's methodology and implications, ultimately deciding whether to support or oppose the experiment.
- Debate challenges: Engage in dialogue-based challenges that test the player's understanding of psychological theories and ethics
- Puzzle-solving: Complete puzzles that reflect the complexities of the ethical dilemma
- Decision-making: Make a choice that will impact the outcome of the story and the player's reputation as a psychologist
- Confront controversial psychological experiments and ethical dilemmas
- Engage in debates surrounding the nature of consciousness, free will, and morality
- Resolve conflicts between opposing psychological theories and perspectives
A series of challenging cases that test their mastery of psychological principles, theories, and therapeutic techniques. Players will be required to diagnose and treat characters with complex issues, drawing upon the knowledge and skills gained throughout the game. The final exam will also include ethical dilemmas, requiring players to make difficult decisions that balance the well-being of characters with the pursuit of scientific knowledge.
Religious Studies (inc. Philosophy and Ethics)
A world where gods and mythological beings coexist with humans, the player takes on the role of a divine investigator, tasked with solving ethically complex cases that involve different religious and philosophical beliefs. By navigating the fine line between the divine and human worlds, the player must come to a resolution that respects different belief systems while ensuring the stability of both realms.
- Dialogue-based interactions with various characters, including gods and humans from different religious and philosophical backgrounds
- Ethical decision-making that directly impacts the game's story progression
- Puzzle-solving that incorporates religious and philosophical concepts
- Exploration of diverse environments inspired by different religious and mythological settings
Level 1: Trial of Morality
Investigating a conflict between two religious communities, each accusing the other of heresy.
- Gather evidence from both communities by engaging in dialogue
- Analyze religious texts and historical accounts to better understand the situation
- Mediate a resolution that respects both belief systems
Level 2: The Philosopher's Labyrinth
A maze filled with philosophical conundrums, each presenting a challenge that tests their understanding of ethics and philosophy.
- Solve ethical puzzles that explore concepts like utilitarianism, deontology, and virtue ethics
- Debate with famous philosophers who provide guidance or challenge the player's beliefs
- Discover hidden paths by applying philosophical concepts to navigate the maze
Level 3: Council of the Gods
A divine council where gods from different pantheons are arguing about the nature of good and evil.
- Learn about various gods' beliefs and moral principles through dialogue
- Identify common ground between different religious perspectives
- Propose a universal ethical framework that can be accepted by all parties
Level 4: Sacred Heist Scenario:
Uncovering a plot to steal a powerful artifact that maintains the balance between the divine and human realms. Students must prevent the heist and determine the motivations behind it.
- Investigate suspects, gathering information about their religious and ethical beliefs
- Uncover hidden alliances and conspiracies between different characters
- Thwart the heist by utilizing knowledge of religious and ethical concepts
A culmination of the player's acquired knowledge and skills throughout the game. They will be presented with a complex moral dilemma involving multiple religious and philosophical perspectives. To successfully complete the exam, the player must analyze the situation, apply their understanding of religious studies, ethics, and philosophy, and propose a resolution that considers the interests of all parties involved. Their performance will be assessed based on the depth of their analysis, the coherence of their arguments, and their ability to synthesize different perspectives.
A kingdom's prosperity is determined by its understanding of statistics. A budding statistician, tasked with solving various problems and uncovering hidden patterns in data to help the kingdom thrive. However, they will also uncover a secret society that manipulates data for their nefarious purposes, and the player must use their statistical prowess to bring them to justice.
- Analyze real-world datasets and solve statistical problems
- Engage in turn-based battles using statistical methods as weapons
- Gather new statistical tools and techniques as the player levels up
- Exploration of diverse environments filled with data-driven challenges
Level 1: Central Tendency City
Learn the basics of central tendency by helping a merchant determine the average price of goods.
- Calculate mean, median, and mode for various datasets
- Identify and correct potential data manipulation by the secret society
Level 2: Dispersion Desert Scenario
Aid an explorer in navigating the treacherous desert by assessing the variability of the terrain.
- Calculate range, variance, and standard deviation of different routes
- Identify patterns to find the safest path through the desert
Level 3: Probability Port
Assist a gambler in uncovering the secret society's scheme to rig games of chance.
- Determine probabilities of various outcomes in games of chance
- Identify statistical anomalies that suggest foul play
Level 4: Regression Reef
Help a marine biologist predict the growth of coral reefs and expose the secret society's attempts to sabotage conservation efforts.
- Perform linear and nonlinear regression analysis to model coral reef growth
- Detect data manipulation and confront the secret society
Using statistical knowledge to expose the secret society's grand scheme. They will be presented with a complex dataset and must apply the various statistical techniques learned throughout the game to analyze the data, uncover hidden patterns, and dismantle the secret society's plans.
A world where dance has been outlawed. A rebellious dancer must learn various dance styles and techniques to bring dance back to the society. They join an underground movement, using the power of dance to spread joy and inspire a dance revolution, all while evading the watchful eye of the regime's enforcers.
- Utilize motion-sensing technology (e.g., camera, VR) to track the player's real-world movements
- Learn various dance styles and techniques by following on-screen instructions and mimicking choreography
- Customize the player's avatar and choose their preferred music and dance environment
- Earn points and level up by accurately replicating the dances and performing combos
Level 1: Street Dance Sanctuary
Discover the underground movement and learns basic street dance moves.
- Learn and perform fundamental street dance steps and routines
- Engage in dance battles against AI opponents to progress
Level 2: Ballet Rebellion
Infiltrate a secret ballet school hidden within the regime's heart.
- Learn and execute classical ballet techniques and sequences
- Perform routines for fellow revolutionaries to boost morale
Level 3: Cultural Dance Uprising
Travel to different regions, learning traditional dances to unite various factions against the regime.
- Master a variety of culturally-specific dance styles
- Perform dances for different communities to rally support
Level 4: Grand Dance Finale
Lead a massive dance protest against the regime, showcasing all the styles and techniques they've learned.
- Combine elements from all previous levels to create a unique choreography
- Successfully perform the dance routine to ignite the revolution
Creating a student's own choreography by combining the various dance styles and techniques learned throughout the game. The player will be judged on their creativity, the fluidity of their transitions between styles, and the accuracy of their real-world movements. The performance should convey a message of freedom and unity, showcasing the power of dance as a catalyst for social cohesion.
A world where powerful media conglomerates control public opinion, a citizen journalist determined to expose the truth. Students must navigate the complexities of media production, learn the art of storytelling, and uncover the ethical dilemmas that come with the territory. The player will build a grassroots media empire to challenge the mainstream stroy and reveal the hidden agendas that shape society.
- Investigate and gather information for stories through various methods (interviews, research, data analysis)
- Utilize media production tools to create compelling news stories (video editing, sound design, graphics)
- Engage with ethical dilemmas and make choices that impact the storyline and public opinion
- Gain followers and credibility by publishing high-quality, truthful, and engaging content
Level 1: Investigative Reporting
Uncover a controversial story that mainstream media refuses to cover.
- Learn the basics of investigative journalism
- Collect evidence, interview sources, and piece together the story
Level 2: Guerrilla Broadcasting
Starting a own independent media channel, broadcasting live from hidden locations.
- Set up a makeshift studio and learn the basics of live broadcasting
- Avoid detection while continuing to cover sensitive topics
Level 3: Media Manipulation
Discover the power of media manipulation and must decide whether to use it for good or bad.
- Learn about various manipulation techniques, such as propaganda and framing
- Make ethical decisions on how to use these techniques in your own reporting
Level 4: Viral Sensation
The player's media channel gains traction, and they must balance the demand for engaging content with journalistic integrity.
- Choose stories that will attract viewers without compromising truth
- Manage the growth of the media channel, including staff and resources
Creating a comprehensive multimedia project that combines all the skills and knowledge acquired throughout the game. This project should incorporate investigative reporting, ethical decision-making, engaging storytelling, and media production techniques. The player's project will be judged on its creativity, journalistic integrity, and the impact it has on public opinion in the game world.
A budding photographer is invited to participate in a prestigious competition, a contest that challenges photographers from across the world to capture the most stunning images of various environments, creatures, and phenomena. To win the competition, players must develop their photography skills and learn to tell stories through their images.
- Explore diverse locations and capture captivating photographs
- Learn and apply different photography techniques and styles
- Edit and curate photo collections to tell engaging stories
- Complete photography challenges and quests to level up skills
Level 1: The Beginning of the Journey
The player starts their journey by learning basic photography skills in their hometown.
- Learn the basics of composition, lighting, and framing
- Capture photographs that represent the essence of the hometown
Level 2: Urban Explorations
A bustling city, capturing the vibrancy and energy of urban life.
- Utilize techniques like long exposure and street photography
- Capture the city's architecture, people, and events
Level 3: Into the Wild
Venturing into the wilderness to photograph breathtaking landscapes and wildlife.
- Master nature photography techniques, such as macro and landscape photography
- Learn to anticipate and capture the behaviors of animals
Level 4: Timeless Tales
Travel to a historic location, using their camera to bring its stories to life.
- Experiment with black and white photography and other styles that evoke the passage of time
- Capture images that reveal the history and culture of the location
Creating a photography portfolio that demonstrates their mastery of various techniques, styles, and storytelling methods. The final project will be evaluated based on its creativity, technical skill, and the impact of the stories told through the images.
Health and Social Care
A HealthForce agent, responsible for safeguarding the wellbeing of the citizens of a utopic world. Players train in various health and social care disciplines while working with a diverse team to tackle complex challenges. As players progress, they will develop their skills, unlock new abilities, and become an elite HealthForce agent.
- Interactive learning modules teach players about health and social care concepts
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and team coordination are critical to achieving positive outcomes
- Players level up their skills and unlock new abilities and tools to tackle more complex challenges
Level 1: Homecare Heroes Scenario
Support a family with members facing different health challenges.
- Assessing individual needs and providing appropriate care
- Time management to balance responsibilities
- Coordinating with other care providers
Level 2: Community Clinic Crusaders
Manage a community health clinic and address various health concerns.
- Triage and prioritize patients based on urgency
- Develop treatment plans and make referrals
- Implement preventative care measures
Level 3: Mental Health Mavericks
Work in a mental health center to provide support to individuals and families.
- Active listening and empathy
- Identifying and addressing mental health issues
- Developing coping strategies and intervention plans
Level 4: Environmental Health Enforcers
Investigate and address environmental health hazards in the world.
- Identifying potential environmental risks and their impact on health
- Implementing corrective measures and policies
- Educating the community on environmental health
Level 5: Outreach and Education Innovators
Design and execute health education programs for various age groups.
- Identifying target populations and their health needs
- Developing age-appropriate educational materials
- Evaluating the effectiveness of programs
Level 6: Emergency Response Elite
Coordinate the response to a large-scale health emergency in the world.
- Assessing the situation and allocating resources
- Collaborating with other agencies and organizations
- Implementing public health measures to minimize impact
A complex health and social care crisis affecting the world. The player's performance will be assessed based on their ability to achieve positive outcomes, manage resources, and demonstrate leadership in the face of adversity.
Travel and Tourism
A travel entrepreneur aiming to create the most successful and controversial global travel empire. By taking bold risks, pushing boundaries, and offering daring experiences, players will attract adventurous tourists and build their travel industry dominance.
- Develop and manage unique travel experiences and accommodations
- Set pricing, create marketing campaigns, and target specific customer segments
- Balance risk and reward in offering controversial travel packages
- Navigate the ethical, environmental, and political implications of travel and tourism
Level 1: Backpacker's Paradise
Offering budget travel experiences for backpackers.
- Selecting budget-friendly destinations and accommodations
- Designing engaging, low-cost activities
- Managing customer expectations and satisfaction
Level 2: Luxury Getaways Scenario
Tap into the high-end market, offering luxury travel experiences.
- Designing opulent accommodations and amenities
- Curating high-end experiences and services
- Meeting the expectations of affluent clientele
Level 3: Eco-Adventures
Offer eco-friendly travel packages with a controversial twist.
- Selecting environmentally sustainable destinations
- Developing eco-conscious activities, like wildlife interactions
- Navigating ethical considerations and potential backlash
Level 4: Extreme Expeditions
Create adrenaline-pumping experiences for thrill-seekers.
- Designing extreme activities, such as volcano bungee jumping
- Ensuring safety measures while pushing the limits
- Managing the potential risks and controversies surrounding extreme tourism
Level 5: Time Travel Tours
Incorporate virtual reality to offer immersive historical experiences.
- Researching and recreating historical settings and events
- Addressing controversial aspects of history without glossing over them
- Managing public opinion and potential backlash
Level 6: Galactic Getaways
Expand the travel empire to offer space tourism experiences.
- Collaborating with private space travel companies
- Designing futuristic space accommodations and activities
- Navigating the ethical, environmental, and political challenges of space tourism
A series of challenges that test their knowledge of the travel and tourism syllabus. Create a unique, controversial, and profitable travel itinerary that integrates aspects from all the previous levels. Players will be judged on their ability to develop a cohesive experience, manage risks, and maximize their company's profitability while handling any potential backlash from the public or media.
A newly appointed environmental scientist tasked with saving the world from various environmental crises. Players must use their knowledge of environmental science to solve problems, make decisions, and create a sustainable future for the planet.
- Assess and analyze environmental issues using scientific methods
- Develop strategies to address ecological challenges
- Balance economic, social, and environmental considerations
- Make decisions that impact the environment and society
Level 1: Clean Water Crisis
Address a clean water shortage in a developing country.
- Analyzing water sources and contaminants
- Developing and implementing water treatment solutions
- Managing resources and funds to achieve maximum impact
Level 2: Air Pollution Battle
Confront rising air pollution in a major city.
- Identifying sources of pollution and their environmental impact
- Designing and implementing emission reduction strategies
- Balancing economic and environmental factors
Level 3: Biodiversity Rescue
Protect endangered species and their habitats.
- Assessing the threats to biodiversity in a specific region
- Designing conservation strategies and habitat restoration efforts
- Balancing the interests of various groups
Level 4: Sustainable Cities
Assist in the planning and development of an eco-friendly city.
- Assessing land use, energy consumption, and waste management practices
- Designing and implementing urban infrastructure
- Balancing economic growth and environmental protection
A complex global environmental crisis that encompasses elements from all the previous levels. Students must use their knowledge of environmental science to develop a comprehensive solution, taking into account the scientific, economic, social, and political aspects of the problem. Players are scored based on the effectiveness of their solution and their ability to balance competing interests.
A young, aspiring astronomer on a quest to uncover the secrets of the universe. Players will embark on a thrilling adventure through space, solving cosmic mysteries, discovering new celestial objects, and learning about the wonders of astronomy.
- Observation and identification of celestial objects
- Understanding celestial navigation and coordinate systems
- Application of physics principles in space
- Exploration of historical and modern astronomical discoveries
Level 1: Stargazer's Beginning
Learn the basics of astronomy through stargazing and celestial navigation.
- Identifying constellations and celestial objects in the night sky
- Using celestial coordinate systems and star maps
- Learning the basics of telescopes and observational astronomy
Level 2: Planetary Pursuit
Explore the solar system and investigate the unique characteristics of each planet.
- Examining planetary composition, atmospheres, and geological features
- Understanding the motion and orbits of planets
- Investigating the history of planetary exploration and discoveries
Level 3: Deep Space Discoveries
Venture into deep space to study galaxies, nebulae, and other distant celestial objects.
- Identifying and classifying different types of galaxies and nebulae
- Understanding the concepts of redshift and cosmic distance
- Investigating the role of dark matter and dark energy in the universe
Level 4: Stellar Evolution
Delve into the life cycles of stars, from birth to death.
- Examining the processes of stellar formation and nuclear fusion
- Understanding the stages of a star's life cycle and various end states (e.g., supernovae, neutron stars, black holes)
- Investigating the role of stars in the production of elements
Level 5: Cosmic Time Machine
Explore the history of the universe, from the Big Bang to the present day.
- Understanding the principles of cosmic background radiation and the expanding universe
- Examining the formation of galaxies, stars, and planets over cosmic time
- Investigating the potential future of the universe and its ultimate fate
A series of challenges, each drawing upon the topics covered in the previous levels. These challenges may include identifying unknown celestial objects, predicting the future of a star or galaxy, or explaining a newly observed astronomical phenomenon.
A geologist working for the Earth Exploration Agency (EEA), a secret organization that has discovered a hidden power source deep within the Earth's core. This power source has the potential to revolutionize the world's energy supply, but the discovery has triggered a race among various factions who want to control it for their own purposes. Players must navigate through geological challenges and ethical dilemmas to make the right choices, ultimately deciding the fate of the planet.
- Exploration: Players will explore different geological locations, collecting samples and data for analysis.
- Puzzle-solving: Players will need to use their geological knowledge to solve environmental puzzles to advance through the levels.
- Decision-making: Players will face ethical and controversial dilemmas that require them to make choices that impact the storyline and their relationships with other characters.
- Skill-building: Players will gain experience and level up their geological skills as they progress through the game.
Level 1 - The Arctic Ice:
- Ice drilling: Players must use different types of drills to collect ice core samples at various depths and locations.
- Sample analysis: Players will use lab equipment to analyze ice cores for trapped gases, isotopes, and sediments, revealing the Earth's past climate.
- Avoiding environmental hazards: Players must navigate through the icy terrain while avoiding crevasses, thin ice, and wild animals.
Level 2 - Volcanic Islands:
- Lava flow navigation: Players must traverse volcanic landscapes, avoiding lava flows and gas vents.
- Seismograph reading: Players will monitor seismic activity, interpreting data to predict volcanic eruptions and take appropriate safety measures.
- Volcano monitoring: Players will set up remote monitoring stations to collect data on volcanic activity.
Level 3 - Desert Fossil Hunt:
- Fossil excavation: Players will use excavation tools, such as shovels, brushes, and chisels, to carefully uncover fossils without damaging them.
- Fossil identification: Players will classify fossils according to their age and species, using reference materials and in-game knowledge.
- Interpreting geological history: Players will piece together the Earth's history based on their fossil findings and the rock layers in which they are found.
Level 4 - Subterranean Caverns:
- Cave navigation: Players will use spelunking equipment to explore the dark and treacherous cave systems, discovering hidden chambers and geological formations.
- Mineral identification: Players will collect mineral samples, using their in-game knowledge to identify and classify them.
- Mining techniques: Players will learn about historical and modern mining methods, applying these techniques to extract valuable ores without causing environmental damage.
Level 5 - Mountain Ranges:
- Rock climbing: Players will use climbing gear and techniques to navigate steep cliffs and rock faces.
- Rock identification: Players will collect rock samples and use their in-game knowledge to identify and classify the rocks based on their properties.
- Erosion and weathering experiments: Players will perform experiments to study the effects of erosion and weathering on the landscape, applying this knowledge to solve environmental challenges.
Level 6 - Earthquake Zone:
- Seismic monitoring: Players will set up seismometers to collect data on earthquake activity and use this data to make predictions.
- Earthquake prediction: Players will analyze seismic data and geological maps, making informed predictions about potential earthquakes.
- Structural engineering: Players will learn about earthquake-resistant building designs and collaborate with in-game characters to develop and implement safety plans for communities in earthquake-prone areas.
A series of challenges that test students' geological knowledge and decision-making abilities. Students must navigate a series of ethical dilemmas related to the power source, including whether to reveal its existence to the public, how to manage its extraction, and which factions to align with.
Aworld where technology reigns supreme, an evil corporation has monopolized the electronics industry. They have created a new line of devices that can control people's thoughts and emotions. A group of skilled electronic engineers has emerged to fight against the corp's nefarious plans. Players assume the role of a new recruit in the Circuit Breakers, working to infiltrate facilities and dismantle their mind-control devices.
- Schematic reading and understanding: Players must learn to read and understand electronic schematics to progress through levels.
- Component identification and selection: Players will need to identify, choose, and use various electronic components such as resistors, capacitors, transistors, and more.
- Circuit building and troubleshooting: Players will build and modify circuits to achieve specific goals, and troubleshoot issues that arise during gameplay.
Level 1: Training Grounds
- Basic circuit assembly: Players will learn to solder and assemble basic circuits.
- Component identification: Players will become familiar with common electronic components and their functions.
- Simple circuit analysis: Players will learn to analyze simple circuits and calculate voltages, currents, and resistances.
Level 2: Sabotage
- Security system bypass: Players will analyze and reverse-engineer security systems, disabling them to infiltrate facilities.
- Communications disruption: Players will create devices to jam or intercept communications.
- Data extraction: Players will build circuits to connect to and extract data from computer systems.
Level 3: Power Play
- Power supply design: Players will design and build power supplies for various devices.
- Energy efficiency: Players will modify existing circuits to make them more energy-efficient.
- Power system sabotage: Players will use their knowledge of power systems to sabotage the power grid, causing temporary blackouts.
Level 4: Mind Control Mayhem
- Mind-control device analysis: Players will analyze and understand how the mind-control devices work.
- Signal jamming: Players will build circuits to jam the signals emitted by the mind-control devices.
- Device deactivation: Players will create and use devices to deactivate the mind-control technology.
Level 5: Battle of the Bots
- Robotics: Players will design, build, and program robots to complete various tasks.
- Remote control: Players will create remote control circuits to control their robots.
- Robot combat: Players will engage in robot battles, using their electronic engineering skills to outsmart their opponents.
Infiltrate the corp's main headquarters, putting all their skills to the test. A series of challenges, including bypassing complex security systems, disabling mind-control devices, and designing powerful robots to face off against robotic guards.
An evil sorcerer has cast a curse over the inhabitants, draining them of their ability to solve mathematical problems. As a result, the once-prosperous kingdom is now on the brink of collapse. A brave Mathemancer must journey through the land, solve complex math problems, and restore the mathematical prowess of the kingdom's inhabitants.
- Problem-solving: Players will encounter various math problems that require applying advanced mathematical concepts and techniques to solve.
- Equation manipulation: Players will need to manipulate equations to progress through levels.
- Interactive puzzles: Players will solve interactive puzzles that involve mathematical concepts and strategies.
Level 1: Algebraic Awakening
- Simplifying expressions: Players will solve problems that require simplifying algebraic expressions.
- Solving equations: Players will solve linear and quadratic equations, including those with multiple variables.
- Functions and graphs: Players will analyze and interpret functions and their graphs.
Level 2: Geometry Grove
- Angles and shapes: Players will solve problems involving angles and various geometric shapes, including triangles, quadrilaterals, and circles.
- Trigonometry: Players will apply trigonometric functions to solve problems involving right-angled triangles and non-right-angled triangles.
- Coordinate geometry: Players will solve problems involving lines, curves, and points in the coordinate plane.
Level 3: Calculus Cliffs
- Differentiation: Players will solve problems involving derivatives, including finding the gradient of a curve, tangent and normal lines, and optimization problems.
- Integration: Players will solve problems involving indefinite and definite integrals, including areas under curves and between curves.
- Differential equations: Players will solve first-order differential equations using various techniques, such as separation of variables and integrating factors.
Level 4: Probability Peak
- Probability theory: Players will solve problems involving probability, including independent and dependent events, conditional probability, and Bayes' theorem.
- Random variables: Players will work with discrete and continuous random variables, including calculating expected values and variances.
- Probability distributions: Players will solve problems involving various probability distributions, such as binomial, geometric, Poisson, and normal distributions.
Level 5: Matrix Mountain
- Matrices: Players will perform matrix operations, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and finding determinants and inverses.
- Linear systems: Players will solve systems of linear equations using matrix techniques, such as Gaussian elimination and Cramer's rule.
- Eigenvalues and eigenvectors: Players will solve problems involving eigenvalues and eigenvectors of matrices, as well as their applications.
An epic battle of mathematical wits. A series of challenges that encompass all the topics covered in the game, from algebra to matrices. Players will need to apply their problem-solving skills and advanced mathematical knowledge to defeat a villain and lift the curse from the world.
Citizenship Studies (Civics)
A time-traveling adventurer must learn about and participate in key moments of British history, politics, and society to uncover the secrets of an ancient artifact that can unite the people of the United Kingdom.
- Time travel: Players will journey through different time periods, each with its unique setting, characters, and challenges.
- Dialogue and choices: Players will interact with NPCs (Labour party voters) and make choices that affect the storyline and outcomes of the game.
- Mini-games and puzzles: Players will participate in various mini-games and puzzles that represent different aspects of the GCSE British citizenship civics curriculum.
Level 1: Foundations of Democracy
Visit key historical moments in the UK, learning about the development of democracy and the British political system.
- Interactive quizzes: Players will answer questions related to the history and development of democracy in the UK.
- Timeline puzzles: Players will arrange historical events in the correct chronological order to progress through the level.
Level 2: Parliamentary Power
Explore the Houses of Parliament, learning about its structure, functions, and the roles of MPs and Lords.
- Role-play: Players will assume the role of an MP or Lord and participate in debates and voting on mock legislation.
- Parliament navigation: Players will navigate through the Houses of Parliament, completing tasks related to its structure and roles.
Level 3: The Justice System
Visit courts and legal institutions, learning about the UK's justice system and the role of the judiciary.
- Courtroom simulation: Players will participate in a simulated courtroom trial, taking on various roles such as a judge, lawyer, or juror.
- Legal research: Players will investigate real-life cases and legal documents to solve problems and complete tasks.
Level 4: Rights and Responsibilities
Explore different communities, learning about the rights and responsibilities of UK citizens, as well as the nation's diverse culture.
- Community engagement: Players will engage with NPCs from different cultural backgrounds, addressing issues related to community cohesion.
- Rights and responsibilities puzzles: Players will solve puzzles to learn about the rights and responsibilities of UK citizens.
Level 5: Political Engagement
Participate in local and national elections, learning about the electoral system and the importance of civic participation.
- Election simulation: Players will campaign for a chosen political party, engaging with voters, and learning about the electoral process.
- Issue-based quests: Players will complete quests that address key political issues, requiring them to research and develop informed opinions.
Returning to the present day, and use an ancient artifact to unite the people of the UK. They will face a series of questions and challenges that encompass all the topics covered in the game, from the foundations of democracy to political engagement.
A guardian spirit or friend tasked with nurturing and guiding a child from birth to adolescence. Throughout the game, players will learn about the various aspects of child development, including physical, cognitive, emotional, and social growth, while making choices that impact the child's future.
- Time progression: The game will progress through different stages of the child's life, from infancy to adolescence.
- Choices and consequences: Players will make decisions that influence the child's development, affecting their physical, cognitive, emotional, and social growth.
- Mini-games and challenges: Players will participate in mini-games and challenges related to various aspects of child development.
Level 1: Infancy
Care for a newborn, learning about the basic needs and early development of infants.
- Feeding and sleeping schedules: Players will manage the infant's daily routines to ensure proper nutrition and rest.
- Sensory stimulation: Players will interact with the infant through toys and activities that promote cognitive and motor skill development.
Level 2: Toddlerhood
Guide the child through the toddler years, focusing on motor skills, language development, and early socialization.
- Motor skill development: Players will help the toddler navigate various obstacles and challenges to develop fine and gross motor skills.
- Language learning: Players will engage the toddler in language-based activities, such as reading books or singing songs, to encourage communication.
Level 3: Early Childhood
Assist the child during early school years, addressing cognitive development, emotional regulation, and social skills.
- Cognitive challenges: Players will solve puzzles and complete tasks that promote problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Emotional and social skills: Players will guide the child through various social situations, helping them develop empathy, conflict resolution, and cooperation.
Level 4: Middle Childhood
Navigate the challenges of middle childhood, including academic achievement, self-esteem, and peer relationships.
- Academic tasks: Players will help the child with school-related activities, such as homework, projects, and exams.
- Peer interactions: Players will manage the child's social life, facilitating friendships and addressing bullying or other conflicts.
Level 5: Adolescence
Guide the child through adolescence, focusing on identity formation, emotional well-being, and future planning.
- Identity exploration: Players will assist the child in exploring their interests, values, and aspirations, influencing their self-concept and future goals.
- Emotional support: Players will provide guidance and support for the adolescent as they navigate emotional challenges and relationships.
The child's development across all stages will be assessed through a series of challenges and questions